Date: March 8, 2016
Gunmen kill 16 including 4 nuns in attack on retirement home in YEMEN
On 4 March 2016, gunmen killed 16 people including 4 Catholic nuns in an attack on a retirement home in southern Yemen. According to reports, the victims were handcuffed and then shot in the head. At the time of the attack, 80 residents were living at the home, which is run by Missionaries of Charity, an organization established by Mother Teresa.
- Pray for Jesus' comforting presence over the families grieving the loss of loved ones;
- Pray for God's protection over all Christians in the Middle East;
- Pray that those responsible for this crime would be brought to justice.
177 incidents of persecution against Christians recorded in 2015 in INDIA
According to a report by the Evangelical Fellowship of India, 177 incidents of persecution were recorded against the country's Christian community in 2015. The incidents included physical violence, discontinuation of worship services, church attacks, rape, and arrests of pastors and Christian workers.
The report also stated that Christian persecution was most severe in the central states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, and the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Pray for God's protection over all Christians in India;
- Pray that those persecuting Christians would experience a change in heart, repent, and turn towards God;
- Pray that Christians would stand firm in their faith in spite of the pressure and persecution.
Christian burial disrupted in Trincomalee, SRI LANKA
It is reported that on 31st January 2016, a Christian burial was disrupted by villagers who insisted that the burial should be carried out according to the traditions of the majority religion in the village.
During the incident, the villagers also harassed the family's pastor and demanded that he leave the funeral.
As a result of the objections raised by the villagers, the family of the deceased was forced to carry out the burial according to non-Christian rites.
- Pray for greater religious freedoms in Sri Lanka;
- Pray that Christians facing pressure and persecution would not fear but trust God;
- Pray that those harassing Christians would be brought to justice.