Date: July 29, 2014
Courage is needed now to stop the genocide of Christians in Iraq. Congressman Frank Wolf gave a floor speech declaring the expunging of Christians from Iraq as Genocide. Please listen to him. You can find his speech here.
|Iraqi Christian Persecution Floor Speech|
Meanwhile, the Assyrian International News Agency reports that All 45 Christian Institutions in Mosul Destroyed or Occupied By ISIS.
(AINA) -- Since taking over Mosul on June 10, ISIS has destroyed, occupied, converted to mosques, converted to ISIS headquarters or shuttered all 45 Christian institutions in Mosul.
The following is the complete list of the Christian institutions in Mosul, grouped by denomination.
Syriac Catholic Church:
- Syrian Catholic Diocese - Maidan Neighborhood, Mosul
- The Old Church of the Immaculate - Maidan Neighborhood, Mosul (The church goes back to the eighth century AD)
- The New Church of the Immaculate - Maidan Neighborhood
- Church of Mar (Saint) Toma - Khazraj Neighborhood
- Museum of Mar (Saint) Toma - Khazraj Neighborhood
- Church of Our Lady of the Annunciation - Muhandiseen Neighborhood
- Church of the Virgin of Fatima - Faisaliah Neighborhood
- Our Lady of Deliverance Chapel - Shifaa Neighborhood
- The House of the Young Sisters of Jesus - Ras Al-Kour Neighborhood
- Archbishop's Palace Chapel - Dawasa Neighborhood
Syriac Orthodox Church:
- Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese - Shurta Neighborhood
- The Antiquarian Church of Saint Ahodeeni - Bab AlJadeed Neighborhood
- Mar (Saint) Toma Church and cemetery, (the old Bishopric) - Khazraj Neighborhood
- Church of The Immaculate (Castle) - Maidan Neighborhood
- Church of The Immaculate - Shifaa Neighborhood
- Mar (Saint) Aprim Church - Shurta Neighborhood
- St. Joseph Church - The New Mosul Neighborhood
Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East:
- Diocese of the Assyrian Church of the East - Noor Neighborhood
- Assyrian Church of the East, Dawasa Neighborhood
- Church of the Virgin Mary (old rite) - Wihda Neighborhood
Chaldean Church of Babylon:
- Chaldean Diocese - Shurta Neighborhood
- Miskinta Church - Mayassa Neighborhood
- The Antiquarian Church of Shimon alSafa - Mayassa Neighborhood
- Church of Mar (Saint) Buthyoon - Shahar AlSouq Neighborhood
- Church of St. Ephrem, Wady AlAin Neighborhood
- Church of St. Paul - Majmooaa AlThaqafiya District
- The Old Church of the Immaculate (with the bombed archdiocese)- Shifaa Neighborhood
- Church of the Holy Spirit - Bakir Neighborhood
- Church of the Virgin Mary - Drakziliya Neighborhood
- Ancient Church of Saint Isaiah and Cemetery - Ras AlKour Neighborhood
- Mother of Aid Church - Dawasa Neighborhood
- The Antiquarian Church of St. George- Khazraj Neighborhood
- St. George Monastery with Cemetery - Arab Neighborhood
- Monastery of AlNasir (Victory) - Arab Neighborhood
- Convent of the Chaldean Nuns - Mayassa Neighborhood
- Monastery of St. Michael - Hawi Church Neighborhood
- The Antiquarian Monastery of St. Elijah - Ghazlany Neighborhood
Armenian Orthodox Church:
- Armenian Church - Maidan Neighborhood
- The New Armenian Church - Wihda Neighborhood
Evangelical Presbyterian Church:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church - Mayassa Neighborhood
- Latin Church and Monastery of the Dominican Fathers and Convent of Katrina Siena Nuns - Sa'a Neighborhood
- Convent of the Dominican Sisters, - Mosul AlJadeed Neighborhood
- Convent of the Dominican Sisters (AlKilma Monastery) - Majmooaa AlThaqafiya District
- House of Qasada AlRasouliya (Apostolic Aim) (Institute of St. John the Beloved)
- Christian Cemetery in the Ekab Valley which contains a small chapel.
This symbol is the letter "N" in Arabic, and ISIS painted it on Christian homes in Mosul to identify the homes as followers of the Nazarene/Christian. Christians were given the ultimatum to leave, pay the jizya tax of an exorbitant rate, or be killed. The last Christian has left Mosul or was forced to convert.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Iraq and in Syria.
Pray for Western leaders to provide help.
Ann Buwalda, Executive Director